Rules: click on a box to answer the question. If it's round, only one answer is possible. If it's square, then there could be more than one answer - don't miss any out.
To submit your quiz, get your score and see the correct answers, click on "Check".
THE LIFE OF NAPOLEON I (AUGUST 2008)
1. Where was Napoleon Bonaparte born?
2. Napoleon was a studious child; he was best at:
3. In 1798, Napoleon and his soldiers were sent to:
4. From 1791 to 1806, they changed the calendar in France: what was the name of that calendar?
5. During the Consulate, that is, from 1799 to 1804, Napoleon had a very important body of legal texts written down. This was known as:
the Code civil, setting down laws for the regulation of society
the Declaration of the rights and duties of man, establishing what all humans should and should not do
6. Napoleon I was crowned Emperor on the:
20 February, 1811
2 December, 1804
7. One year after the coronation, Napoleon I won a famous military victory against Austria and Russia. Where did the battle take place?
8. Napoleon could always be recognised because of his:
Two-pointed black hat
9. In 1810, Napoleon married for the second time. To whom?
Elisabeth of New York
Marie-Louise of Austria
10. In 1815, Napoleon was exiled to which island?