Rules: click on a box to answer the question. If it's round, only one answer is possible. If it's square, then there could be more than one answer - don't miss any out.
To submit your quiz, get your score and see the correct answers, click on "Check".
Emperor Napoleon III
1. How was Napoleon III related to Napoleon I?
The two men were not related
Napoleon I was Napoleon III's uncle
Napoleon III was Napoleon I's grandson
2. Napoleon III's father was married to Hortense de Beauharnais. What was his name and who was he?
Louis, Napoleon I's third brother
Jérôme, Napoleon I's last brother
3. Because of the law banning members of the Bonaparte family from France (1 January, 1816), Charles-Louis-Napoléon Bonaparte spent his childhood abroad in:
Italy, in Milan
England, in London
Switzerland, in Arenenberg
4. On 29 January, 1853, Napoleon III married a woman who was not French. What was her name and what nationality was she?
Eugenia-Maria Palafox. Spanish
Maria-Letizia Montegrini. Italian
5. Did Napoleon III have any children?
Yes, 1 son, Napoléon-Louis (1856-1879)
No, no children
6. Before the coup d'état of 2 December, 1852, and the re-establishment of the imperial regime, Napoleon III was:
An officer in the French army
President of the II Republic (since 1848)
French parliamentary member for Paris
7. Napoleon III encouraged the great project for the construction of what exceptional means of communication, developed by Ferdinand de Lesseps :
The Mont-Blanc tunnel, in France
The Suez Canal, in Egypt
8. In his time, what was Napoleon III's nickname?
9. In the war against the Prussians, Napoleon III was forced to capitulate, causing the fall of the Second Empire. When and where did this happen?
4 October, 1871, in Paris
4 September, 1870, at Sedan
10. On 9 January, 1873, Napoleon III died in one of the following towns. Where?
In Paris, France
In Chislehurst, England (County of Kent)
In Arenenberg, Switzerland (Canton Thurgau)