Rules: click on a box to answer the question. If it's round, only one answer is possible. If it's square, then there could be more than one answer - don't miss any out.
To submit your quiz, get your score and see the correct answers, click on "Check".
Napoleon I at the cinema (July 2002)
1. Who wrote the music for Abel Gance's Napoleon?
Abel Gance himself
2. How many years separated Abel Gance's 'Napoleon' from his 'Austerlitz'?
3. How many times did Marlon Brando play Napoleon?
Twice (in 'Désirée' by Koster and in 'War and Peace' by Vidor)
Once (in Désirée by Koster)
4. In which 1934 film did Paul Irving play Napoleon?
L'Agonie des Aigles
The Count of Monte Christo
The Iron Duke
5. In 1937, Greta Garbo played which Napoleonic role?
The Empress Josephine
6. In 1938, a film was made about the construction of the Suez Canal. Tyrone Power played which role?
Ferdinand de Lesseps
The Duc de Morny
7. In the 1936 film 'The charge of the Light Brigade', Errol Flynn played which role?
Major Geoffrey Vickers
Alfred Lord Tennyson
8. In which film did Emile Drain as Napoleon deliver the famous line 'You, Talleyrand, are a turd in silk hose'?
Le Brigadier Gérard
Le diable boiteux
9. In which film did Herbert Lom play Napoleon?
The Iron Duke
Young Mr Pitt
10. In which Napoleonic film did Marlene Dietrich make her film debut?
Der Kleine Napoleon
11. In which country did the the production company for the film 'Monsieur N' built a full-size replica of Longwood?
12. In Uberto (Full Monty) Pasolini's soon to be generally released film on Napoleon, who plays Napoleon?
Richard E. Grant
13. Which actor declared: 'to play Napoleon, just think about your income tax, and you pretty much get the expression you need'?